Saturday, September 17, 2005

19/9 2nd Time in Bogu

Just a few key points - learnt a lot again today.

The big difference is that now that im in bogu I need to concentrate on my opponent while as a beginner all i had to do was concentrate on my cuts.....

Things to remember....

1) Work on getting correct miai (spacing) - important for lauching the cut and to avoid getting cut yourself.

2) Kiai - Need to improve that - still quite throaty.

3) Drive from the hips - centre of balance is there and not the shoulders so more hip drive - will lead to better cuts.

4) Posture - focus on keep my posture upright.

5) Fitness - really need to work on that - jieiko is tiring and will get worse with summer coming up soon :-)

6) Concentrate on men and kote and follow through in jigeiko - keep it simple for the time being and make sure the cuts become automatic and well done before getting onto any of the more advanced moves.

Shame my next training isn't until next Saturday - more work travel this week.......

6 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Vivian Yung said...

That's a nice little analysis of the things you need to improve on. Keep practising them at the next training.

How was training on the 24th Sept?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Mick said...

I don't know - I couldn't make it :-)

I actually had a big night on Friday night (dinner and quite a few drinks - all paid by work) - lets just say I was not ready for Kendo @ 10am on Saturday :-)

I'll try and make it on Wednesday but it all depends on work - I may have to go to NZ this week. Last week I did Sydney -> Wellington, NZ -> Melbourne -> Sydney in 3 days I can tell you that is very tiring indeed!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Vivian Yung said...

I hope I will meet you and geiko with you this Wednesday. Hopefully, your trip to NZ will be after the Wednesday Willoughby training.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Mick said...

Looks like I will be at SKC on Wednesday night! :-)

Which is good as my QANTAS Club membership will be ready for the NZ trip :-)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger edwardjackson98384408 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mick said...

Gee - just what i need - blog spam!

Take a hike pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home