Monday, September 12, 2005

Bogu!

Ahhh - the anticipation! Today is the day me thinks - the day i finally train in full bogu - tare, do, men and kote.

How do I feel? A tad nervous, especially having read some people's experiences on the Kendo World forums but looking forward to stepping up the intensity of training that comes with wearing Bogu. I expect my technique to be all over the place and my first cuts i expect to be very tentative :-)

I've been trying to practice putting on my tenegui and men and found the men easier to tie then the tenegui which looks like a rats nest on my head - hopefully that will improve in neatness over time :-)

Hopefully I will have a few (postive) comments after training tonite...stay tuned.......

2 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Andoru said...

Putting on bogu for the first time is always exciting! It's good to hear that you've been practising at home. When you're watching the telly, it's actually useful to wear the men as it allows you to get adjusted quickly.

The change can be daunting - that's why this moment is one of the exit point for quite many people in kendo. However, it may feel uncomfortable for only a while. It'll be like a second layer of skin in no time.

We're all here to provide you with the support. See you at Hornsby tonight.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mick said...

Thanx mate - looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home