Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Zzzzzz....zzzzzz.....dreaming.....Kendo....

As I sit here half asleep (2hrs time difference is a killer) in a customer’s small computer room (in Perth) my mind drifts to Kendo – I was thinking about my progression since I started the sport in April and the various steps of progression through kendo newbie-ism.

I started off feeling uncomfortable with the concept of swinging a shinai and doing this funny footwork called suri-ashi and training in trackie pants and a T-shirt.

I believe the defining moment for me was when I first started to train in a gi and hakama – from that day forth, my Kendo improved, my confidence improved and things just started to gel into place.

The next step for me in my Kendo development was grading – wearing a tare for the first time and getting graded to 5th Kyu – made me feel like I really belonged with the rest of the club now that I was graded. I think it went a long way to improving my kendo self confidence as well…..

My next goal is to start training in full bogu – which if things go well should be next week!

And then gi-keiko….my list of people I want to play is quite large :-)

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger RSSKing said...

The Wall Street Journal Tackles Blog Search
Last week, Chris published an excellent roundup of weblog/rss search tools in SearchDay.
How would you like to make your blog better?
Visit; email autoresponder and get the FREE information on Blogs & RSS. Did I mention it's FREE!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Johnny Canuck said...

Now you've got me thinking. I really enjoy this blog, I'll definitely pop around more often, keep it up!

Feel free to pay a visit to my Canada immigration site. It might not be your "cup of tea", but it covers Canada immigration related topics.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Mick said...

Thanx - as this is just an online Kendo diary i'm glad someone gets something out of it.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Andoru said...

You've been "spammed", Mick. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home